Thank you for the opportunity to prepare your tax return. I will need documentation and summaries of the applicable items listed below in order to identify your specific tax requirements and prepare an accurate return.
- Name (as it appears on the social security card), birth date and social security number for each taxpayer and dependent listed in the tax return
- Address, phone number, county and school district of residence
- Other phone numbers and e-mail addresses as you deem necessary
- Employment: W-2 and 1099-MISC Forms
- Retirement: 1099-R Forms and Social Security Income
- Investment Income:
- 1099-INT and 1099-DIV for interest and dividend income
- 1099-B for capital gain income/loss from the sale or exchange of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. You must provide the purchase date and price as well as sale date and price for these assets as well as for any other property sold this year.
- Gambling Winnings: W-2G In order to deduct gambling losses to the extent of winnings you must have supporting documentation (e.g., lottery tickets)
- Other Income: Unemployment Comp, Alimony Received, Jury Duty, Prizes & Awards, K-1 Income, Rental Income
ADJUSTMENTS TO INCOME
- Moving Expenses: For work-related moves over 50 miles
- Payments to IRA accounts
- Alimony Paid: Include name, address and social security number of recipient
- Educator Expense
- Student Loan Interest
- Medical & Dental Expenses: Include health & long term care insurance premiums
- Taxes Paid: State & local income taxes, real estate taxes, personal property taxes
- Mortgage Interest Expense: Form 1098 from bank or statement from lender.
- Cash: Money contributed in tax years beginning after August 17, 2006 must be supported by a dated bank record or receipts from the donee.
- Non-Cash: Provide a statement from donee. Items must be in good condition or better. You must provide the original purchase date and cost of each item as well as the donated value.
- Miscellaneous Deductions:
- Union or Professional Dues
- Uniforms, Safety Apparel & Tools: Receipts in this category are a necessity!
- Professional Publications: Total from receipts or canceled checks.
- Un-reimbursed Business Expenses: Receipts for meals and lodging while away from home overnight.
- Auto Mileage: Make & model of vehicle, total mileage for the year as well as business portion verified by a travel log detailing mileage.
- Dependent Care Credit: For dependents under the age of 15 please provide name, address & social security a number or federal ID number of all day care providers.
- Education Credits: Provide college tuition payments and Form 1098-T from the institution identifying qualified expenses. Textbooks and equipment needed for post-secondary education (e.g. computer and printer) qualify with receipts.
- Energy Credit: Provide copy of receipts showing qualified expenditures.
- Premium Tax Credit: If you bought your health insurance through the Marketplace provide a copy of Form 1095-A. Include Form 1095-B or 1095-C if you were insured outside of the Marketplace.
Provide the name of the bank, the routing number and the account number of the bank(s) in which you would like your refund deposited. Please notify us if there has been a change in your financial institution since electronically filing last year’s return.
We will be glad to prepare your local tax return. Please be sure to let us know the name of the municipality in which you reside. If you moved during the tax year, let us know the date of the move.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS. I LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU.