Thank you for the opportunity to prepare your tax return. I will need documentation and summaries of the applicable items listed below in order to identify your specific tax requirements and prepare an accurate return.
- Name (as it appears on the social security card), birth date and social security number for each taxpayer and dependent listed in the tax return
- Address, phone number, county and school district of residence. Other phone numbers and e-mail addresses as you deem necessary
- Employment: W-2 and 1099-MISC Forms
- Retirement: 1099-R Forms and Social Security Income
- Investment Income:
- 1099-INT and 1099-DIV for interest and dividend income
- 1099-B for capital gain income/loss from the sale or exchange of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. You must provide the purchase date and price as well as sale date and price for these assets as well as for any other property sold this year.
- Gambling Winnings: W-2G In order to deduct gambling losses to the extent of winnings you must have
supporting documentation (e.g., lottery tickets)
- Other Income: Unemployment Comp, Alimony Received, Jury Duty, Prizes & Awards, K-1 Income, Rental Income
ADJUSTMENTS TO INCOME
- Payments to IRA accounts
- Alimony Paid: For agreements prior to 2019 include name, address and social security number of recipients
- Educator Expense
- Student Loan Interest
- Medical & Dental Expenses: Include health & long-term care insurance premiums
- Taxes Paid: State & local income taxes, real estate taxes, personal property taxes
- Mortgage Interest Expense: Form 1098 from bank or statement from lender.
- Cash: Money contributed in tax years beginning after August 17, 2006 must be supported by a dated
bank record or receipts from the donee.
- Non-Cash: Provide a statement from donee. Items must be in good condition or better. You must
provide the original purchase date and cost of each item as well as the donated value.
- Miscellaneous Deductions: For Pennsylvania purposes only.
- Union or Professional Dues
- Uniforms, Safety Apparel & Tools: Receipts in this category are a necessity!
- Un-reimbursed Business Expenses: Receipts for meals and lodging while away from home overnight.
- Auto Mileage: Make & model of vehicle, total mileage for the year as well as business portion verified by a travel log detailing mileage.
- Moving expenses: The cost of moving household goods is allowed if moving into PA from one permanent duty to another and if the move is greater than 35 miles
- Home Office Work Area Expenses: PA allows this deduction if a home office is required by the employer.
- Dependent Care Credit: For dependents under the age of 13 please provide name, address & social security number or federal ID number of all daycare providers.
- Education Credits: Provide college tuition payments and Form 1098-T from the institution identifying qualified expenses. Textbooks and equipment needed for post-secondary education (e.g. computer andprinter) qualify with receipts.
- Energy Credit: Equipment that qualifies for the Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit includes solar, wind, geothermal and fuel-cell technology. Provide copy of receipts showing qualified expenditures.
- Premium Tax Credit: If you bought your health insurance through the Marketplace provide a copy of Form 1095-A.
Provide the name of the bank, the routing number and the account number of the bank(s) in which you would like your refund deposited. Please notify us if there has been a change in your financial institution since electronically filing last year’s return.
We will be glad to prepare your local tax return. Please be sure to let us know the name of the municipality in which you reside. If you moved during the tax year, let us know the date of the move.THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS. I LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU.